Our Summer schedule runs from June 6th through September 5th.
Mass with hymns 9:30am
Moving forward, the following guidelines will be in effect for all masses at Ascension:
- Anyone that is running a fever, or that is feeling in any way ill, or that may have been exposed to Covid-19 is asked to stay home and worship online.
- Anyone that belongs to a high-risk group (elderly, underlying conditions, etc.) is encouraged to continue worshiping online.
- Attendance is strictly limited to 50 persons.
- Masks must be worn by everyone entering the building and must cover your nose and mouth. Masks must remain on throughout the service with the exception of lowering it to consume the communion host (see below). When appropriately distant, the priest and LEM may remove their masks to speak.
- Hands should be sanitized upon entry.
- The usher will mark your presence on a weekly contact tracing form. We must have contact information for everyone present in the event of someone being diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Bulletins are placed on the pews next to socially distanced blue dot markers. Please sit only where there is a blue dot. Households may sit together. DO NOT sit in pews marked “closed.”
- Please refrain from making physical contact with others (no hand shaking, etc).
- The 10:30am High Mass will have music provided by the organist and choir section leaders. There will, unfortunately, be no congregational singing at this time. For everyone’s health and safety right now, we ask that you allow the choir section leaders to sing on your behalf.
- The offering plate will not be passed. The offering plate will sit on a stand at the choir steps. You are encouraged to leave your offering in the plate either before or after the service, or when the distribution of communion starts you may leave it on your way to receive communion. Individuals worshiping from home are encouraged to continue sending their pledge to the office or making their pledge online.
When the distribution of communion begins:
- Ushers will direct the congregation to come up.
- Congregants coming forward for communion should form ONE, SINGLE-FILE LINE up the center aisle. Please remain 6 feet behind the person in front of you.
- When you come to the choir steps, if you have not already done so, you may leave your offering in the plate.
- At the top of the choir steps the LEM will be waiting with hand sanitizer to allow you to sanitize your hands immediately before receiving the host.
- Come to the center of the altar rail where the priest (who will be wearing a mask with sanitized hands) will be waiting.
- DO NOT KNEEL. Please extend your hands, palms upward in a cupped fashion. The priest will not administer to anyone on the tongue. You must extend your hands in a cupped fashion.
- Without making contact with your hands, the priest will drop a communion host into your cupped palms.
- Immediately step to the side and walk away. You may lower your mask momentarily to consume the host, but must replace it immediately. Please return to your seat.
- Unfortunately, the chalice and wine will not be distributed at this time.
Anyone that has a fever, is feeling ill, or that may have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 and anyone in a high risk group, is encouraged to continue to worship from home at this time. The 9:30am Mass will be live-streamed on our website via our YouTube channel each week. Please view our Videos and Other Worship Resources page to view our most recent services and our Live-stream link.
Father Kevin’s most recent update on the resumption of masses may be found here: September Parish letter